Monday, July 11, 2005

I have tried many new things this past week or two.

Number 1 - salsa dancing! I know, you're all collectively dying of shock. I had an offer I couldn't resist, though. ;) I was terrible - what's my famous quote again? Carol wrote it down, hold on...

"I look like a corpse on strings when I dance! or like a rhinoceros having a seizure!"

Still had a good time, though.

Number 2 - taking the driver's test! Not only taking the driver's test, but PASSING! Yeah, baby. Looking at the 17-day anniversary this afternoon. So, yes, I braved the evil DMV priestess and returned victorious.


Number 3 - sliding down a rain-slick hill on a trash bag. Okay, so this one wasn't quite as successful as the last two. After grinding to a halt a couple of times in the grass (and getting blades stuck up my nose), we decided to have roll-down-the-hill-as-fast-as-you-can-wearing-the-trash-bags-like-in-Garden-State races, instead. I lost.

Number 4 - not skinny dipping at New Smyrna Beach. I'm not sure how we could have forgotten, but we did...

Number 5 - tonight, all-you-can-eat sushi. Yes, of course, like any good Asian, I have had sushi on numerous occasions. I have not, however, been to the raw fish free-for-all that tonight promises to be. Wish me luck.

That's all for now, but I hope and pray that the list will lengthen with every passing day. It's dull not to learn new things.

3 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi!

i was completely bored and started reading my friends' blogs... then found myself lost in my friends' friends' blogs... then to my friends' friends' friends' blogs... then... uh. you get the idea.

i came across yours and i must say, i love the way you write. the most interesting, by far. it's like you can express things that's just drifting in my mind.

i started reading your poetry. you are amazing. ever thought of publishing? i'll be a fan. =)

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger 83eggs said...

wow! thank you!! who are you? :)

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i'm sorry, forgot to introduce myself... my name's joanna. =) i'm sure we don't know each other cuz i came from a long list of friends' friends' friends' blog...

i just read your poem "anatomy of a loss"... it's simplicity makes it so... striking. love it.

you should copyright your poems and writings on the net.

keep on writing! pls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home